Enables you to quickly build a 6LoWPAN-compliant smart object network out of the box and integrate it with your own hardware for network performance evaluation in a real environment for Internet of Things or machine-to-machine application solutions.
Compliant with applicable regulatory requirements in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Japan:
- US and Canada: 902 – 928 MHz
- Japan: 922.3 – 928.1 MHz
- Europe: 863 – 870 MHz
6LoWPAN/IPv6 compliant smart object network, demonstrating proven standards like 802.15.4g, 802.15.4e, IPv6, RoLL/RPL, SNMP, ICMP, UDP, CoAP, DTLS, PANA/EAP
Supports end-to-end DTLS security with pre-shared keys, public keys and certificate-based authentication; PANA/EAP-based authentication
Smart Object node’s on-board features for quick evaluation and application development:
- Toggle switch - allows the user to select between UART-and SPI- based communication with an external application processor.
- Status button and LED - indicate the network status of the Smart Object (in discovery, joined, etc.).
- Potentiometer - allows the user to highlight changes of an analog parameter.
- Push-button that allows the end user to reset the Smart Object modem.
Battery and/or line power support for Smart Object nodes (USB to mini-USB cables not included)
API-based serial communication for Smart Object node
- Enables integration with external application processor over UART or SPI
- Allows the external application processor to map up to four parameters into COAP-modeled web resources
- Allows configuration of network settings, security settings, and operation modes from the external application.
- Monitors and publishes periodically the following COAP resources:
1. Digital status of a button
2. Analog status of a potentiometer
3. Power status: line-powered/battery-powered with battery level and critical alert
Network and Application Monitoring Tool (NAMT) included, which allows for:
Visualization of network topology and diagnostics
RPL-graph formation replay for troubleshooting
On-demand command execution
Monitoring and displaying data published by the Smart Object nodes