Nivis marries its open standards software stack with Freescale's Kinetis radio module to provide a high quality radio node that can be incorporated into wide range of sensing and control devices.
Nivis offers its industry leading radio node software stack either bundled with the physical device or separately.
The Nivis implementation is IPv6 over Low power Wireless Personal Area Networks (6LoWPAN) compliant, insuring inter-operability with a large number of other hardware and software suppliers. Nivis employs IPv6 Routing Protocol for Lossy and Low-Power Networks (RPL), to drive down power requirements and maximize battery life.
- Mesh network architecture ensures communications reliability by eliminating potential single points of failure
- Leverages proven standards such as IPv6, RoLL/RPL, 6LoWPAN, 802.15.4e, 802.15.4g, CoAP to reduce cost and increase interoperability
- 6LoWPAN compliance, the de factor standard for low cost, power constrained devices, insures interoperability, reduces power use and extends battery life.
- Enhanced RPL support increases reliability, reduces power consumption and improves network routing efficiency
- NIST-recommended link security secures communications at the link level, mandatory for most applications
- CoRe/REST compliance implements web services all the way to the node so that smart objects can be accessed from any browser
- PHY support for 868 MHz band permits marketing and deployment in Europe.
- Scalability (up to 4,000 devices per gateway at present) permits cost effective deployment of very large networks
The Freescale Kinetis-based hardware demonstrates exceptional RF performance with very low power requirements, along with support for a variety of modulation schemes and frequency bands.
- RF Performance: Up to -120dBm sensitivity @ 1.2kbps, -105 dBm @38.4 Kbps. -18 to + 17dBm output in step of 1 dBm
- Front end: IIP3 = -18 dBm, IIP2 = +35 dBm, 80 dB Blocking Immunity
- Power: 100nA with radio configuration retention, 16 mA Rx current, 20 mA Tx current at 0 dBm and 33 mA Tx current at +10 dBm Supports run, sleep, and deep sleep modes, along with low leakage wake up unit
- Standards Compliance: Support for multiple modulation schemes (GFSK, MSK, GMSK, and OOK) and frequency bands (290-340MHz, 424-510MHz, and 862-1020MHz)
- Integration: Includes proven HCS08QE 8-bit MCU core with up to 50MHz bus clock, embedded 32KB Flash and 2KB of RAM supporting wireless communication protocol and application software in a single chip
- Peripheral support: Multiple 16-bit timers, up to 33 GPIO. 13-bit port keyboard interrupt, 10 channel-12-bit ADC, SCI, I2C, and dual analog comparators
- Security: Sophisticated encryption and anti-tampering features, including various access disable options, memory protection, tamper detection, cryptographic acceleration, secure storage and secure real time clock
The solution operates in the USA, Canada, Europe, Japan, Korea Brazil and Mexico using FHSS spread spectrum and GFSK modulation. See specs for country by country frequency bands, data rates and channels.